The history of Profili, Profili XT and Profili Pro !
You can see here the content of this Home page since 1997:
Profili is a software developed to help the ‘do it yourself’ modelers.
This new version can assist you in:
- Searching for the right airfoil for your application
- Creating new airfoils
- Analyzing the airfoil aerodynamic
- Drawing, plotting or printing all the ribs for a trapezoidal or elliptical wing or the foam cutting templates
- Cutting file generation for ribs and templates with a 3 Axes CNC milling machine
- Cutting file generation for foam wing panels with a 4 Axes CNC hot wire machine
- STL file generation for wing panels mold
- and much more!
During last years aeromodelling building techniques changed a lot, and almost every day my customers ask me new features, no more compatible with an old project born on 1995.
The better a modeler could own during those years was a computer with a printer, but now new interesting building techniques are available, like 3 axes Cnc milling machines to cut parts and create plug and molds, 4 axes Cnc hot wire foam cutting machines and 3D printers.
So I developed a new series of applications, much more powerful and easy to use, but often overlapping some basic features already included in Profili.
Actually Profili is still a good choice for this users:
- Old style builders of simple models. they can find in Profili a great help to create their own projects. Profili is a tool like a ‘Swiss knife’, it supplies a lot of features, but for a more serious and long term use the new applications of the ‘devCad Team’ series are for sure a better way to go. You can find these applications listed in the below product table.
- Modelers, Companies and Universities looking for analysis, management and improvement of airfoils. Profili Pro is a great and easy to use tool to do that, using the famous XFoil application developed by Mark Drela as an hidden calculation engine. A lot of companies and universities research team use every day Profili Pro.
If you are looking for powerful features to draw and cut ribbed or foam wings using a Cnc machine, or to create wing plug or molds, we suggest the new applications of the ‘devCad team’ series.
You can find in the web site www.devcad.com these and other applications to create also fuselages and other parts.
You can find here below a product table that can help you to find in a short time the applications you need: