#Renter #s #insurance #quote
Protect yourself, your apartment or rental home, and your valuables with Renters Insurance.
Get a quote and purchase online (select states only) or by phone at 844-577-4579. Or you can have one of our agents contact you by filling out this form.
MetLife Auto Home: Laundry Room Safety
Renters insurance provides protection for all your belongings in case something bad happens, like a fire or burglary. While your landlord is responsible for many things in your rental unit (like plumbing and the roof, for example), your personal belongings aren’t covered, even if your landlord has an insurance policy.
All of our renters insurance policies include:
- Personal property ensures that if something happens and you need to repair or replace your belongings, you’re covered. If there’s a loss, we’ll pay the cost to repair or replace, up the actual cash value of your damaged or stolen property.
- Replacement cost coverage, which will cover you if something happens and you need to repair or replace your property. Our policies don’t deduct for depreciation (up to your coverage amount). This applies to any improvements, additions, or alterations you made to your rental unit at your own expense. 1
- Personal liability protection, which provides $100,000 of coverage (or more, if you choose) if you or someone else is hurt when they’re in your rental unit. It also covers property damage to others that you’re held responsible for. We’ll also cover your legal defense costs.
In some states, we also offer four specialty coverage packages, which can be added to your basic renters policy. These packages cover electronics, musical instruments, recreational/sports equipment, and luxury items and feature broader, all-risk coverage, which means they are protected regardless of where or how they are lost or damaged. We will repair or replace them without deduction for depreciation. 4
- You can choose up to $5,000, $10,000, or $15,000 of coverage depending on the value of your items within these packages.
- In addition to broader coverage, these specialty packages also come with a bonus coverage that provides protection if these items break down or do not work correctly.
- Each specialty coverage package has its own $100 deductible. Choose one or all of these packages, depending on your needs.
- To find out if your state is eligible, contact a MetLife Auto Home representative today.
In select states (listed below), you can quote, buy and service your renters insurance policy entirely online. We offer click-to-chat throughout the experience to help answer questions, but there is no agent, which means we can pass the savings on to you. This option is entirely self-service, which means you can pay a bill, make changes to a policy, and file a claim entirely online.
Or, if you don’t want to buy online, you can also get a quote and purchase through an in-person agent or over the phone with an agent. This option includes servicing of your policy directly with an agent or through our customer service centers. You choose the option that works best for you.
You can buy renters insurance online if you live in the states listed here (more states to be added soon):
In addition to our competitive premiums, you may qualify for discounts, including:
- Claim-free discounts—you can save when you don’t have any losses with us. 5
- Multi-policy discount—choose us for your renters and auto coverage, and you’ll be rewarded with our “Home Policy Plus” discount.
- Protective devices discount—if you install safety and security devices in your rental unit, you could secure significant savings.
Yes, you may be eligible for an additional discount because of your employer or your membership to certain associations or group. We recommend entering your employer or association name when you are quoting so that we can offer you the best possible price.
Make safety a priority when looking for the perfect rental apartment or house.
Easy, DIY ways to protect your stuff.
Need more information on claims and repairs? Get started here.
Find the right renters insurance today.
We can help you find solutions to meet your unique needs. Just fill out the form—there’s no obligation.
By clicking submit, you agree that we* may contact you at the number you’ve provided, possibly using automated technology or a prerecorded voice, to talk about our products and services. If you don’t want to give this permission, you can still get a quote or make a purchase by calling us directly at 1-800-638-5433.
*A MetLife company or third party acting on MetLife’s behalf.
1 Subject to deductible. See policy for restrictions.
2 Specialty Coverage Packages not available in all states. Call MetLife Auto Home or your local agent for availability.
3 Identity Protection Services are available in NC homeowner policies with the optional “Identity Theft Expense and Resolution Plus” endorsement for an additional premium.
4 Subject to policy exclusions.
5 Details vary by state.
MetLife Auto Home is a brand of Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company and its affiliates: Economy Preferred Insurance Company, Metropolitan Casualty Insurance Company, Metropolitan Direct Property and Casualty Insurance Company (CA Certificate of Authority: 6730; Warwick, RI), Metropolitan General Insurance Company, Metropolitan Group Property and Casualty Insurance Company (CA COA:6393; Warwick, RI), and Metropolitan Lloyds Insurance Company of Texas, all with administrative home offices in Warwick, RI. Coverage, rates, discounts, and policy features vary by state and product, and are available in most states to those who qualify.
This information, although a reasonable description of the coverage and services provided, does not constitute part of the policy or binder of insurance and shall not be construed to replace any provision of the policy itself. In the event of any conflict between the policy and this information, the provisions of the policy shall prevail. It is therefore important that you read your policy carefully for complete details.